Aircraft structures, with emphasis on light weight, have incorporated special features such as box beams in wings, ring frames in fuselage and longitudinal stiffeners. These are designed for bending, shear and torsion loads. These are also susceptible to buckling, aeroelastic deformation and fatigue.
This book covers comprehensive reading material for the students of Aerospace engineering and caters to the subject usually covered in two semesters.
· All related topics, such as engineering mechanics, strength of materials, theory of elasticity and Aerodynamics are briefly covered
· Solved problems provided
1 Introduction Part - I Basics of Structural Analysis, 2. Mechanical Properties of Materials, 3. Properties of Sections, 4. Mechanics of Rigid Bodies, 5. Energy Principles, 6. Analysis of Trusses, 7. Analysis of Continuum Structures, Part II - Design and Analysis of Aeroplane Structures, 8. Design Aspects of Aeroplane Structure, 9. Basics of Aerodynamics, 10. Loads on Aeroplane Structure, 11. Analysis of Determinate and Indeterminate Beams, 12. Analysis of Shafts, 13. Buckling of Columns, 14. Bending and Buckling of Thin Plates, 15. Shear Flow, Shear Center and Shear Lag, 16. Analysis of Aeroplane Fuselage and Wing, 17. Fatigue Analysis, Part - III Other Relevant Topics, 18. Materials of Aeroplane Construction, 19. Finite Element Method, 20. Aeroelasticity
About the Author
· Mechanical Engineering Graduate from NIT (formerly REC), Warangal
· M.Tech (Aero-structures) from IIT, Kanpur
· Worked in BHEL for 25 years, undertaking Finite Element Analysis of power plant components and pressure vessels
· Published technical papers and authored a book on ‘Finite Element Analysis’, published by BS Publications, Hyderabad
· Taught Engineering Mechanics, Machine Design and FEM and guided graduate and postgraduate engineers in their project works as a faculty in the Dept. of Aeronautical Engineering, Vasavi College of Engineering and VNR Vignana Jyothi Institute of Engineering and Technology, Hyderabad
· Associated with the preparation of syllabus, development of laboratories, guiding students in refurbishing grounded Aeroplane as a Professor in the Dept. of Aeronautical Engineering , Institute of Aeronautical Engineering and MLR Institute of Technology, Hyderabad
· Resource person for courses in FEM conducted at JNTU college of Engineering, Kakinada, LBR college of Engg. & Tech, Mylavaram, Central Institute of Tool Design, Hyderabad and Engineering Staff College of India, Hyderabad