About the Book
DO YOU NEED TO BE A MECHANICAL ENGINEER TO DRIVE A CAR? THEN WHY SHOULD YOU BE A LEGAL / IP EXPERT TO UTILIZE THE BENEFITS OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS (IPRS) FOR RESEARCH? ALL YOU NEED TO BE IS A QUALIFIED PHARMA PROFESSIONAL, WHICH YOU ALREADY ARE!! For pharma students & researchers, learning about IPRs and patents can be a frustrating experience! Many consider IPRs and patent related aspects to be in the realm of law schools. Nothing could be farther from the truth! Knowledge of IPRs especially patents can be a powerful tool for researchers-not only helping in practical application of research for benefit of society, but also in helping researchers and institutes to earn money!!
This profound book will show you how to:
• File a patent
• Identify commercially relevant research
• Prevent duplication of research and also 'trespassing' on other's work
• Improve the overall quality and impact of your research
• Identify new career opportunities- which you never knew!
• Familiarize you with important international treaties- which nobody told you about but which as a pharma professional, you are expected to know! GATT/WTO, HATCH WAXMAN ACT, DOHA DECLARATION..