About the Book
Textbook of Engineering Chemistry is a comprehensive book which blends basic topics in chemistry with applied chemistry. It is important for Engineers to have a good understanding of subject as they look forward to designing and developing newer materials with requisite properties and structures that are eco-friendly, economical and long lasting.
General Features of this book:
· Written strictly according to JNTUH prescribed syllabus
· Applied topics are preceded by corresponding basic chemistry
· Several numerical problems, multiple choice questions and short and essay type questions are included
· Added chapters on chemical aspects of nanomaterials, batteries, conducting polymers, Liquid crystals.
Additional Features of this 3rd edition:
· Added 2010 & 2011 solved question papers (all 4 sets) of JNTUH
· Added new material keeping in view of theory questions that are being asked.
About the Authors
Prof. C. Parameswara Murthy has been on the faculty of Osmania University since 1974 and as Professor of chemistry since 1992. After discharging his services as Chairperson, Board of studies in Chemistry and Head, Department of Chemistry, O.U., he has recently assumed responsibility as Dean, Faculty of Science, Osmania University, Hyderabad. He was a Visiting Scientist / Post-Doctoral fellow at various institutions abroad including University of Karlsruhe, Germany (1980-81); Max-Planck Institute for Radiation Chemistry, Germany (1985-86); Ohio State University, USA (1987-88), Hahn-Meitner Institute (1993) and was a visiting Professor at University of Asmara, Eritrea (1997-98). He has 25 publications in Journals of international repute and authored & edited eleven books.
Access our e-learning resources from our repository at (www.ulektz.com)