About the Book
The object of this book is to provide a handy tool to all those involved in design and operation of cement plants, which requires a great many calculations to be done over and over. Nomograms included in this book eliminate these repetitive workouts and provide answers with minimum effort.
Is a graphical representation of two or more variables related to one another in such a way that when one or more is known the third can be read from the nomogram. A Slide Rule is a classic example of a nomogram. Usefulness and convenience of nomograms would be evident from this one example.
· The book covers almost all aspects of plant design and operation and hence will be a handy tool for cement plant personnel and cement consultants.
· The nomograms have been presented in a manner that will facilitate their use. Each nomogram is accompanied with an explanatory note that explains its usefulness, concerned inputs and outputs and scales used and also illustrated with an example of its usage.
· Most nomograms are in one step but a few are in 2 or 3 progressive steps. In this print form, the nomogram appears on the left and the corresponding text on the right. Text furnishes all pertinent information about the purpose and the use of the nomogram.
· A CD is included containing nomograms in autocad format. Readers can use it to put in their own inputs and get corresponding outputs.
· A user, even with little knowledge of autocad, can draw lines across it to obtain results of new inputs. In many nomograms 'log scales' have been used to facilitate construction.
· All in all every effort has been made to make them user friendly.
· Cement Engineers, Cement Plant Designers and Cement Consultants will find the book useful and practical.