About the Book
The book has been designed to serve as a text/reference book on disaster management for undergraduate and postgraduate students who opt it as a special subject, the scientific community and professionals.
· General aspects of Disaster Management Plan
· All aspects of cyclones and their potential damage by wind, rainfall, storm surge, modern techniques of detection and four stage IMD warnings along with do’s and don’ts
· Earthquakes, Avalanches and Landslides
· Hazards those are associated with the convective clouds like thunderstorms, hailstorms, lightening, dusts and storms, local severe storms – Andhi, Kalbaisakhi, Western Disturbances and thick fog in its wake, Tornadoes, Waterspouts, Cold waves, Heat waves in India
· Environmental pollution of air, water and soil, Pollution standards, Smog, Acid rains, Global Warming and consequences
· General Aviation hazards and safety measures in India
· Modern aids in communication and detection of hazard potentials
· Deals briefly about man-made disasters
About the Authors
Navale Pandharinath, MSc is a retired Director of India Meteorological Dept. He has undergone departmental advanced training in Meteorology at Pune. He has rich experience both in Aviation and Non-Aviation weather forecasting, Cyclone warnings, Flood-met work and Agri-met work. He has contributed papers regularly to “Mausam” and “Vayumandal”, departmental journals of India Meteorological Department, besides various National and International Seminars and Symposiums. He has published two books-A Course in Dynamic Meteorology and The Science of Weather and Environment published by us.
Access our e-learning resources from our repository at (www.ulektz.com)