About the Book:
Hydrology and Watershed Management-III is a sequel to earlier ICHWAM Series with focus on “Climate Change – Water, Food and Environmental Security”.
With the advent of the climate change, it has become imperative to adopt ourselves in various gamuts of activities of sustainable development. Water and Environment is the most important sector of life, directly or indirectly affected by climate change. Still many a times even questions are asked whether the climate change due to anthropogenic reasons is really responsible for natural disasters or not. Irrespective of this debate, it has been observed in the world over that the change in catchment hydrology has been accelerated and quite often runoff from the catchments has been decreasing due to upstream developments affecting the downstream commitments. Therefore, one has to learn to live with the lesser and lesser water than before by improving water conservation technology while tremendous care has to be taken to achieve water, food and environmental security.
· Groundwater Quality
· Hydrologic Parameter Estimation & Modelling
· Climate Change, Water, Food & Environmental Security
· Groundwater Exploration & Exploitation
· Computational Methods in Hydrology
· Soil & Water Conservation Technologies
· Groundwater Recharge and Modelling
· Irrigation Management
· Watershed Management, Socio-economic & Cultural Models
· Water Quality, Pollution & Environment
· Water & Wastewater Treatment Technologies
· Floods, Reservoir Sedimentation, Catchment Treatment & EIA
· RS & GIS Applications in Water Resources
· Rainwater Harvesting & Drinking Water Supplies
· Water Productivity in Agriculture
· Water Logging, Salinisation & Conjunctive Utilization
· Seawater Intrusion, Hydrology of Coasts & their Environment
· Watershed Management–Hydrological & Bio physical Models It is hoped that the volume will be useful to all those who are interested in promotion of Hydrology and Watershed Management and its application in finding solutions to adopt to the climate change.